Monday, January 23, 2012

How do I tell my iTunes that my library is located elsewhere (i.e., external drive)?

I had to move my music to an external hard drive. I haven't downloaded iTunes yet (had to uninstall it to reformat my computer) and I'm wondering where and how to input my library information into the new iTunes.How do I tell my iTunes that my library is located elsewhere (i.e., external drive)?
File %26gt;%26gt; Add folder to library

navigate out to the external hard drive and import all the songs. This will create an index on where to find the songs. If you don't want to have to use the external hard drive to play your songs then just simply copy all the files from the external hard drive to your computer and then click File %26gt;%26gt; Add folder to library and navigate to the location where you just put all your songs.How do I tell my iTunes that my library is located elsewhere (i.e., external drive)?
Go to edit - preferences and click on the advanced tab. If you click the change button you can change the location of your library.
  • barometer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment