Thursday, January 19, 2012

How can I save my Itunes library to an external harddrive?

I want to save my ITUNES library to an external hard drive. I can't use the cdrw because it is broken on my laptop.How can I save my Itunes library to an external harddrive?
If your external is hooked up and functional, this is rather easy.



Open up 'My Computer'.



Go to the folder where your music is located; for instance, mine is located in My Documents/My Music/iTunes.



Right-click on the folder, and then click Copy.



Go back to 'My Computer' and locate the external hard drive; for instance, my is the M: drive (the name of the device is usually next to the drive letter).



Right-click on that icon, and select 'Paste'. That entire folder should then be copied onto your external hard drive. Depending on the size of your library, it might take a few minutes, but it's worth the wait to make sure you've got all your music!
  • bikebandit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment